- Band: VHF
- Channels: 10
- Power: 5 watts
- Weight: 10.3 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.8 inches
- Outdoor range*: Reliable communications for 1-3 miles
- Indoor range*: Range of up to 300,000 square feet and 18 floors
- 3 call alert tones
- 3 voice-inversion scramble settings
- 27 business radio frequencies
- 213 interference eliminator codes
- One Motorola RDX Series RDV5100 2-way Radio
- Lithium-ion battery
- Stand-up charging tray
- Wall charger
- Belt clip
- Removable antenna
- Product manual
- Two year warranty
- VOX technology with three sensitivity levels
- Repeater cable
- Battery-saving mode for extra talk-time
- Radio mic gain and accessory mic gain
- 2-pin captive cover accessory connector included
- Compatible with XTN accessories
- Requires an FCC Business License
- Compatible with XTN two-way radio frequencies and privacy codes
- Two year manufacturer warranty,"series=Motorola RDX Radio"
Motorola RDV5100 Product Information
Click for information on compatibility.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a VHF radio. VHF radios are designed mainly for outdoor use. The VHF waves travel well over open land and water and do well in foliage conditions and near wooden buildings. However, VHF waves tend to be easily disrupted inside buildings, in city conditions, etc. Unless you are using your radios almost exclusively outdoors, you will want UHF or Digital radios.
The difference between UHF and VHF can be explained with frequency penetration. VHF waves travel about twice the distance of UHF waves on open ground, rolling hills or through foliage. However, VHF waves are very poor at penetrating walls, buildings and rugged terrain. So, if you are working exclusively outdoors with open land, rolling hills or heavy trees, VHF radios are the best. In any other situation, including indoor-to-outdoor use, UHF radios will be the choice.
Shop at Tech Wholesale for the best deals and support on the Motorola RDV5100 business radio. VHF radios such as the RDX two-way radio series are the best choice for outdoor use with open, gentle and rolling terrain. The Very-High Frequency wavelengths give you twice as much range when you're traveling through the autumn woods, sailing on open seas or working on a rural construction project. With up to 300,000 square feet of range in non-city outdoor conditions, you can stay in touch with co-workers even when you're out of sight.
These rugged radios are ideal for a variety of outdoor industries including construction, golf courses, farms, military, shipyards and stadium grounds crews. Each five-watt radio has 10 powerful channels with access to 213 interference eliminator codes that keep your conversations private. The 2000-mW speaker is 30% louder than previous Motorola models so those conversations are heard. A Ritron VHF Jobcom Base Station repeater can extend the range even further for large arenas or events.
Motorola has added the best two-way radio features for all users to enjoy. Enhanced noise reduction and magnetic interference reduction do even more to improve clarity when you're talking. Users can also go hands-free with Advanced Voice Activation that has three sensitivity levels. If that wasn't enough, the RDV5100 outdoor radio is the best kind of brick, meeting U.S. Military standards for shock, vibration, water, dust and temperature resistance. Read the Motorola RDV5100 user guide or simply scroll down this page to learn more about what this radio can do.
Improve communication and service everywhere from university campuses to boat docks with a rugged VHF radio from Motorola and Tech Wholesale. The RDV5100 has a two-year warranty and comes with an RLN 6308 ultra-high-capacity battery, charger, belt clip, removable flex antenna and other accessories. Give us a call or use live chat during business hours to talk with a tech professional who can help you pinpoint exactly what you need from your radios.
The Motorola RDV5100 Two-Way VHF Radio is a 10-channel powerhouse that lets you split communication across up to 10 different groups of people. Ideal for outdoor use because it operates on VHF, it is a fantastic solution for communicating at large outdoor events, on construction sites, and nearly anywhere else you need to keep your staff in contact with each other.
Featuring 5 watts of power and 27 business radio frequencies operating at 146 to 175MHz, the Motorola RDV5100 Two-Way VHF Radio is capable of providing your team with the instant communication they deserve. With a removable antenna designed for flexibility and the widest VHF coverage in the entire Motorola RDX series, this crystal-clear radio is well suited for tough environments. It even features a metal, die-cast chassis encased in a polycarbonate overmold, making it strong enough to make it through combat.
The Motorola RDV5100 Two-Way VHF Radio has a 2000mW speaker, which is 30 percent louder than all of their previous models. It's great for farms, golf courses and boatyards. The military, campus security and grounds teams, and anyone else who needs long-range communication can benefit from this powerful Motorola two-way radio.
Two-way radios built according to customer feedback are the best options in the two-way radio and walkie-talkie market because they have been developed with the most pressing customer needs in mind. That type of attention and concern is just what you get when you order Motorola two-way radios, including the RDV5100. Now, it is easy to get the most affordable RDX radios, no matter the model, when you order from Tech Wholesale.
The Motorola RDV5100 is a 10-channel radio that allows customers who purchase it to split communication across as many as ten different groups of people. Because it is a VHF radio, we highly recommend that you use it primarily outdoors. With a range of 300,000 square feet, it is a great option for large outdoor events, but you can get an even greater range if you use a Ritron VHF base station repeater (sold separately). Recent improvements mean that the RDV 5100 provides even louder and clearer communication in inclement weather.
Each RDV5100 comes with an RLN 6308 ultra-high-capacity battery that keeps your radio charged for almost 19 hours. You can upgrade the charger to a two-hour rapid charger kit for a nominal fee, and a six-radio multi-charger is highly recommended if you have many radios in use. You can purchase one in our online Motorola accessories shop, and our customer service staff can help you with any questions about it or any other accessories, such as a cloning cable that makes it simple to program several radios at once. If you have concerns about the radio's compatibility with other devices or you are looking for recommendations for a base station repeater, our customer service associates are also standing by to assist you.
The Motorola RDV5100 walkie-talkie operates on the VHF frequency, which makes it perfect for outdoor use. The already excellent range can be extended with a Ritron VHF base station repeater or other Ritron Jobcom base station repeater from our extensive product selection. The multiple private channels that you can set on this radio make it a great choice for outdoor business communication that you need to keep private. If you have several employees that need to use an RDV5100 radio, we recommend a 6-radio multi-charger that will enable you to power up several radios at once. The 2-hour rapid charger kit for the Motorola RDV5100 two-way radio will also ensure that you get your radio fully charged and ready to go in no time at all.
- VHF band, 5-Watts, 10 Channels, 27 Business Radio frequencies: 146-174MHz.
- 213 interference eliminator codes serve to provide you a clear and private signal, including 84 digital privacy codes, 84 inverted digital privacy codes and 6 customizable privacy codes.
- The RDV5100 offers the widest VHF coverage in the Motorola RDX series, clocking in at 300,000 sq. ft. and up to 18 floors, depending on conditions!
- Repeater capable to expand coverage over wider areas, around blindspots and across difficult terrain. Use a Ritron VHF base station repeater to blanket your job site or property in VHF band radio range.
- The RDV features a removable antenna that is designed for flexibility that bends rather than breaks.
- Talk hands-free with Advanced Voice Activation (VOX) that provides 3 sensitivity levels (requires additional accessories, sold separately).
- Program your radios to your preference with Motorola's free-to-download Customer Programming Software (CPS).
The RDV5100 is the Papa Bear of the RDX series VHF band two-way radios. Packin' 5-Watts of power to transmit and receive on 10 separate channels, the RDV5100 is a heavy hitter radio for heavy duty application, be it business or pleasure. Constructed in accordance with military specs on shock, vibration, water, dust and high/low temperatures AKA U.S. Military standards 810 C, D, E, F and IP54/55, the RDV5100 is built for the beating of a dirty job site or boat in a storm. No really, it's made to withstand conditions a human user can't. It's a walkie-talkie with a metal die-cast chassis, encased in a polycarbonate overmold. This bad boy is a brick.
Use it to communicate on your large farm, to run errands across long distances like your 18-hole golf course, or out in the field for military exercises or deployment. When Motorola designed their RDX series walkie-talkies, they took customer feedback and turned it into milliwatts and finely tweaked RF specifications. Motorola increased the speaker milliwattage from 500 to 2000mW over previous models like the XTN and AV. The RDV 5100 now brings you highly honed audio output that is 30 percent louder. Motorola also enhanced noise reduction and increased magnetic field interference reduction.
As a Motorola Authorized Two-Way Radio Dealer, we are able to give you all the assistance necessary to make sure you are getting the best product when you purchase from our online radio and walkie-talkie shop. We're more than just a retail outlet. We want to offer you the best service and help you get the proper radios, batteries and accessories the first time you order. Whether you need a new Motorola RDV5100 two-way walkie-talkie or replacement parts and accessories for a TFB5100 that you already own, our inventory includes what you are looking for, and our customer service associates can advise you on the best batteries, radio compatibility and much more.
- 3 call alert tones.
- Battery save for extra talk-time.
- 3 voice inversion scramble settings increase signal privacy.
- Removable antenna. A "stubby antenna" is available for all 4-Watt & 5-Watt RDX series radios.
- Radio mic gain.
- Accessory mic gain.
- 2-pin captive cover accessory connector.
- Compatible with XTN accessories
- Requires an FCC Business License.
- Compatible with XTN two-way radio frequencies and privacy codes. Who should use the RDV5100 2-way radio? Hardcore outdoorsy types, military, and heavy duty business users who need to transmit and receive signal outdoors! Remember! VHF is ideal for outdoors use only, unless you're trying to match up radios you already have in service. Large Farms: Two-way radio range depends on signal strength, weather conditions and elements native to the terrain. The RDV 5100 packs a 5-Watt punch to push communications where they need to go: across acres of farmland to coordinate the care of crops and animals. Golf Courses: Don't pay for cellphone minutes just to talk to your staff (or for them to call their friends). Get cellphone reach and convenience without the bill in an RDV 5100. The 10 channels on this business walkie-talkie enable you to put your landscape crew on a different channel than your caddies, than your catering staff, than the golf cart rental shack and so on. Repeater capability means you can stack all the coverage you need. For golfers, the RDV 5100 is a great walkie-talkie to communicate back with your buddies trying to dig themselves out of different holes. Boatyards, boat docks and boaters alike!: As you know VHF is the standard band for marine communication. The RDV5100 powers up at 5-Watts enabling you to radio across the water or back to shore, as VHF waves travel long distances when used across uninterrupted terrain like water. Built to withstand the rigors and literal pitfalls of industrial application, the RDV 5100 makes a great firstmate in your boatyard or on your dock, too. Military: A broad set of features and VHF frequencies that is custom programmable and clones from unit to unit in seconds (when used with additional accessories, sold separately) makes the RDV 5100 a highly decorated soldier in military applications. Add in 5-Watt transmit/receive power, 10 channels, 213 interference eliminator codes and repeater capability in a unit built to military specs for rugged equipment, and you're looking at some very special forces. Mobilize your RDV 5100 to coordinate troops and move supplies with ease for exercises or your next mission University Campuses: Security or grounds maintenance teams that need to communicate outdoors across a large campus will find everything they need in the RDV 5100. 10 channels allow for multi-group communication without distracting others to whom the message is not relevant. 5-Watts of power and repeater capability push your signal pretty much everywhere you need to receive it. 213 privacy codes serve to keep your signal clear and confidential. The RDV 5100 helps you tame the wilderness of a large university campus. Long Range Communications of Any Sort: Maybe it's just a good ol' country mile out to your mailbox and longer between you and your closest neighbor. You've gotten away from it all, but still want to be in touch with loved ones or workers on your property, let the RDV 5100 step in and make that easy. It's repeater capable, works on 5-Watts, communicates across water - like that lake you live on - and offers 10 separate channels for individualized communication. You can also custom program it, if you like, using your PC**. Did we mention easy? *Coverage will vary based on terrain, conditions and the radio model used.
** CPS is available as free download. Windows(r) XP, Windows 2000 compatible, separate USB cable required. Motorola RDV5100 User Guide
How long does it take to charge the Motorola RDV5100 Two-Way VHF Radio?
This radio comes with an ultra-high-capacity RLN 6308 battery, which can hold a charge for up to 18.5 hours. It also comes with a wall adapter charger and a drop-in charging tray, which can take up to 7 hours to charge. If you need to move the process along faster, try our 2-hour rapid charger kit. You can also choose our 6-radio multi-charger to store and charge your radios at the same time.
What's included with my purchase of this radio?
This radio comes with:
- One Motorola RDX Series RDV5100 Two-Way Radio
- Ultra-high-capacity Li-ion battery
- Drop-in charging tray
- Wall adapter charger
- Removable antenna
- Belt clip
- User guide
- Safety sheet
- Two-year warranty