- Band: VHF
- Channels: 8
- Power: 2 watts
- Weight: 8.9 ounces (with standard Li-ion battery) or 9 ounces (with high-capacity Li-ion battery)
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.6 inches
- Outdoor range*: Reliable communications for 1-2 miles
- Indoor range*: Up to 13 floors
- 5 set VHF frequencies
- Auto-scan technology
- VOX with three sensitivity levels
- MIL-SPEC and IP-55 compliance
- NOAA weather radio with alerts
- Channel announcement with Voice Alias
- One Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio
- Lithium-ion battery
- Stand-up charging tray
- Wall charger
- Belt clip
- Hands-free VOX with three sensitivity levels
- 27 business-exclusive frequencies
- FCC Narrowband-ready
- Enhanced audio quality
- Auto-scan technology
- 39 analog and 84 digital interference eliminator codes
- Designed to meet or exceed IP-55 and MIL-SPEC standards
- 12 to 15-hour battery life
- 3 voice-inversion scramble settings
- Channel scan with selectable scan list
- 3 audible call tones
- 2-pin accessory plug that's compatible with RDX, XTN and CLS-series radios
- Tricolor LED with Transmit, Receive and Low Battery indicators
- Antimicrobial coating,"series=Motorola RM Radio"
Motorola RMV2080 Product Information
The difference between UHF and VHF can be explained with frequency penetration. VHF waves travel about twice the distance of UHF waves on open ground, rolling hills or through foliage. However, VHF waves are very poor at penetrating walls, buildings and rugged terrain. So, if you are working exclusively outdoors with open land, rolling hills or heavy trees, VHF radios are the best. In any other situation, including indoor-to-outdoor use, UHF radios will be the choice.
Operating on 27 VHF business-exclusive frequencies and FCC Narrowband-ready, the Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio is an exceptional choice for on-site communication.
Up to 2 watts of power allow you and your team to communicate when you're up to 220,000 square feet apart. It can even power through up to 13 floors in a steel or concrete-reinforced high-rise building.
Innovative customer programming software, which works with any computer browser, lets you interchange profiles with RDX-series. That makes it easier than ever to add RM-series radios to your existing radio fleet, and it's a free Internet download. (A separate programming cable is required.)
Advanced features combine to make the Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio the smart choice for businesses operating indoors or out. Crisp, clear audio is standard with these two-way radios. They are each equipped with a powerful 1,500mW speaker that closes out distracting feedback, even in noisy surroundings.
You can even customize your list of channels by selecting from 16 pre-recorded functions, which makes it simple for your team to stay in contact no matter what they're doing. For the ultimate in charging flexibility for your Motorola, consider a 6-radio multi-charger.Motorola RMV2080 FEATURES:
- Up to 2 Watts Power
- 5 Set VHF Frequencies
- 8 Channels
- 39 Analog plus programmable and 84 Digital Interference Eliminator Codes
- 12 Hrs Battery Life (2W, 5/5/90, Battery Save Enabled)
- Designed to IP-55 and MIL-SPEC Specifications
- 3 Voice-Inversion Scramble Settings to Minimize Eavesdropping
- Channel Scan with Selectable Scan List
- 3 Audible Call Tones
- 2 Pin Accessory Plug (Compatible With RDX/XTN/CLS Series)
- VOX (Hands-Free Use With Accessories) With 3 Sensitivity Levels
- Tri-color LED with Transmit, Receive and Low Battery Indication
- Enhanced audio quality: Powerful 1500 mW speaker ensures clear communication without distracting feedback in noisy conditions.
- Rugged design: Meets military specifications for sealing against dust, wind, shock, vibration and other adverse conditions. These radios also undergo Motorola's exclusive Accelerated Life Testing (ALT) that simulates up to 5 years of field use.
- NOAA Weather Radio with Alerts (NWR): Channel 8 is pre-assigned to receive official National Weather Service warnings, watches, forecasts and other hazard information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Weather Channel configuration can be customized based on geographic location.
- Channel Announcement with Voice Alias: Leave your radio on your belt and know exactly what channel you are communicating on. Customize your list of channels by selecting from 16 pre-recorded work functions, such as security, customer service, cashier, etc.
- Advanced Voice Activation (VOX): Enables hands-free operation with or without the use of optional accessories.
- Power and Coverage: 2-Watt VHF radio provides coverage up to 220,000 Sq. Ft./13 Floors, depending on conditions.
- Antimicrobial Coating: Helps prevent the growth of mold and germs on the surface of the radio.
- Customer Programming Software (CPS): HTML-based CPS is easy to use and works with any computer browser. Profiles interchange with the RDX series making it easier than ever to add RM Series radios to your existing radio fleet (CPS is available as free Internet download. Separate programming cable required.)
- Accessories: RM series radios ship standard with a carry holster with a swivel belt clip that lets you rotate the radio to fit comfortably. Re-use RDX series audio accessories for flexible and dependable performance.
Can I customize the list of channels available on each radio?
Can the RMV2080 be specially programmed?
What is the range or coverage area of the Motorola RMV2080?
With the Motorola RMV2080 you can expect coverage ranging from 2-3 miles.
How many channels does the Motorola RMV2080 offer?
The Motorola RMV2080 has 8 channels. How many channels do you need?
**If the radios you are ordering need to communicate with existing radios - please request ‘programming required’ and add the required programming information OR call our support hotline at 800.215.5160 for a walkthrough on how to gather programming information.
Is the RMV2080 compatible with other Motorola radios I may already have?
That entirely depends on the frequencies your current two way radios are operating on. This model of walkie talkie runs on VHF frequencies and is communication compatible with other VHF walkie talkies - like the Motorola RDV5100, CP100d-V, CP200d-V.
To confirm if your radios are compatible, email us or send us a chat in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Does it come with a warranty, and what does the warranty cover?
These two way radios come with a 2 year replacement warranty. This warranty will cover any defective or malfunctioning walkie talkie. Contact us with any warranty questions!
Where can I request a quote for Motorola RMV2080?
If you are purchasing radios in bulk - definitely contact us for a quote for special bulk pricing!
What is the battery life of the Motorola RMV2080, and are there options for extended battery life?
The battery life for the Motorola RMV2080 is 12-15 hours.
For extended battery life, check out the following accessories:
If you have multiple walkie talkies, we highly recommend a 'base station' for your walkie talkies like a multi-unit charger.
Is the Motorola RMV2080 suitable for indoor and outdoor use?
The Motorola RMV2080 operates on VHF frequencies - meaning it would be ideal for outdoor settings with limited obstructions.
Is the Motorola RMV2080 waterproof or water resistant?
The Motorola RMV2080 is water resistant. If there is moisture in the air, it is no issue. If the walkie talkie is submerged then turn it off and let it dry.
How durable is the Motorola RMV2080? Is it built to withstand tough environments or weather conditions?
The Motorola RMV2080 meets MIL-SPEC 810 & IP55 Specifications. Simply meaning these are durable and would be recommended for medium to heavy duty use. Walkie talkie recommendations for specific industries.
Please view the question above for water resistance levels.
Are there any additional accessories available for this RMV2080, such as headsets or carrying cases?
There are many accessories for the RMV2080 walkie talkie. View all RMV2080 accessories.
Does the Motorola RMV2080 require an FCC license for use?
The RMV2080 does require an FCC license.
Find more information from the official FCC website.
Can I use the Motorola RMV2080 in my specific industry?
The Motorola RMV2080 is recommended for industries like or similar to: golf courses, safari parks, national parks, farms.
What is the size of the Motorola RMV2080?
This walkie talkie is generally medium/large sized. The dimensions for the Motorola RMV2080 are 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.6 inches.
Is there customer support available if I encounter any issues with the product?
To place an order or request a quote, call us at: 888.925.5982
For product technical information and support, please call: 800.215.5160
Manufacturer Help Desks:
- Kenwood - 888-801-0200
- Motorola Family Radios - 800-353-2729
- Motorola Business Radios - 800-448-6686
- Motorola Hotline - 1-800-215-5160
Are there any discounts or promotions currently available for the Motorola RMV2080?
Where can I find official Motorola product information about this model?
View information about the Motorola RMV2080 from the official Motorola website.
→ Back to Top ←