- Band: UHF
- Channels: 16
- Power: 4 watts
- Weight: 10.3 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.8 inches
- Outdoor range*: Reliable communications for 1-3 miles
- Indoor range*: Up to 350,000 square feet and 30 floors
- 89 business-exclusive radio frequencies
- 213 privacy codes
- 2-pin captive cover accessory connector
- Backlit display and front-panel programming
- One Motorola RDX Series RDU4160d 2-way Radio
- Lithium-ion battery
- Stand-up charging tray
- Wall charger
- Removable antenna
- Belt clip
- User guide
- Safety sheet
- Two year warranty
- Compatible with XTN two-way radio frequencies and privacy codes, as well as XTN accessories
- Compatible with AX default settings
- 3 call tones
- Battery-saving mode
- 3 voice-inversion scramble settings
- Radio and accessory mic gain
- Removable antenna (a "stubby antenna" is available for all 4-watt RDX-series radios)
- Ultra-high-capacity Li-ion battery included (holds a charge for up to 18.5 hours)
- Wall adapter and drop-in charging tray included
- 1-year Motorola warranty included,"series=Motorola UHF Radio"
Motorola RDU4160d Product Information
Clear, discreet and secure, the Motorola RDU4160d Two-Way UHF Radio might be the perfect choice for you, even if you have a lengthy and demanding list of requirements. Featuring a powerful 4 watts over 16 channels on 89 business-exclusive radio frequencies, it enables your staff to communicate more effectively than ever before. With up to 350,000 square feet of operational area that can cover as many as 30 floors, it's ideal for large workspaces and companies that need to work out of multiple buildings at the same time. If you need even more coverage, you can use a Ritron Jobcom base station; the RDU4160d is repeater-ready.
The Motorola RDU4160d Two-Way UHF Radio is simple to use, and because it has 16 channels, you can group users quickly and easily. You can even clone all of your two-way radio units to use the same settings by using our optional cloning cable.
With a metal, die-cast chassis wrapped in a durable polycarbonate overmold, the RDU4160d is one of the toughest two-way radios on the market. It can withstand high-powered jets of water, fog and so much more, and we know it can because it meets IP-54/55 ratings. It was made to stand up to MIL-STD 810 C, D, E and F, which means it can shrug off shock, temperature extremes and vibration better than any of your other equipment can.
Convenient, effective and efficient communication is all yours when you select the RDU4160d radio from Motorola for all your business needs. Moreover, when you order online from TechWholesale.com, you'll receive the top Motorola products at an affordable price and with expert, friendly service. The Motorola RDU4160d two-way radio has been an excellent tool for businesses of all shapes and sizes, and it may be right for you, or there may be a better purchase for your company than Motorola RDU4160d two-way radios, and we can help you find that as well. In fact, Motorola has certified us as an authorized dealer because we have proven our ability time and again to advise our customers on the best radios and accessories for their needs.
When it comes to accessories for the RDU4160d, Motorola has developed several tools to make the great service provided by their walkie-talkies even better. Choose a 6-unit multi-charger and a 2-hour rapid charger kit for use with your RDU4160d radio, and you'll always have enough power to get the job you need done. Increase the already incredible range of the radio with a Ritron Jobcom base station. Our associates can help you find the right accessories for your Motorola RDU4160d 2 way radio, and get it shipped inexpensively and quickly. More information on our incredible shipping deals, chargers, and batteries is available here.
Power-level note: The RDU4160d radios are both a 2 and 4 watt radio. They are defaulted with both high power and low power frequencies. Channel 3-8 are default-set to 2 watts. If you are needing more power, try channels 9-16, as those are set to the 4-watt power level.
Motorola RDU4160d two-way radios operate via the UHF frequency, so you should buy them from our shop if you need quality indoor communication. UHF waves will penetrate solid objects and keep the signal clear. We'll help you get the best accessories such as a cloning cable to instantly program several radios at once, a suitable antenna to keep your radio unobtrusive, and high-capacity RLN 6308 batteries.
- UHF band, 4-Watts, 16 Channels, 89 exclusively business radio frequencies: 438-470MHz.
- For a clear and private signal 213 privacy codes are at your service! Comprised of 84 digital privacy codes, 84 inverted digital privacy codes and 6 customizable privacy codes the RDU 4160d performs at the top of its class._
- 350,000 sq. ft. and up to 30 floors (depending on the building/terrain) ensure broad two-way radio range for your job site!
- Increase coverage as you need it with a Ritron Jobcom base station: the RDU 4160 is repeater ready.
- Advanced Voice Activation (VOX) with 3 sensitivity levels leaves your hands free for work while you talk (when used with additional accessories, sold separately).
- Motorola's free-for-download Customer Programming Software (CPS) lets you program your radios according to the unique needs of your business.
The RDU4160d is the display model of the 4-Watt RDX series radios. Backlit display and front panel programming show the status of your walkie-talkie and your place in its user-friendly menus. Five programmable buttons provide quick access to your favorite two-way radio features. The RDU4160d 16-channel radio means you can assign individual channels to 16 different groups of employees. When separate groups talk on their own channels, distraction is at a minimum. You can clone all your 2-way radio units to use the same settings using an optional cloning cable.
Customer Programming Software lets you configure your own channels, frequencies and features using your PC. CPS is available as a free download and provides business friendly features such as: PL/DL defeat, Power Select (2 and 4-Watts), Radio Reporting of profiles and cloning, Manager Lock and Reverse Burst (eliminates excess noise). The RDU4160d also includes accessory and radio mic gain, battery save, two time-out timers, 3 audible call tones, autoscan, scan list and scan channel delete. Chock full of features, the RDU4160d is built to last.
Motorola wrapped a durable polycarbonate overmold around a metal die-cast chassis. It rates an IP54/55 meaning it can withstand high-powered jets of water from any direction. Made to military specifications for vibration, shock, dust, water, and extremes in temperature as low as -22 F and up to 140F (US Military standards 810 C, D, E, F). To put it bluntly: you will die before the RDU4160d does. When you need to get your hands dirty (and possibly your walkie-talkie), the RDU4160d is the walkie-talkie that works.
Motorola increased the audio output of the RDX series radios by 30 percent by raising speaker milliwattage from 500 to 2000mW. To further refine signal quality Motorola added greater noise reduction, enhanced magnetic field interference reduction and honed their RF specifications. Messages come through louder and clearer with an RDX series two-way radio. The RDU4160d bounces out of the box with an Ultra High Capacity Battery RLN 6308 that stays charged for up to 18.5 hours on a single charge. You'll also receive a drop-in charging tray and a wall adapter charger. Many business managers like to store all the radio units in one place in a 6 unit multi-charger so they're sure that everything is charged for the next shift. When you need to speed things up for quick turnaround be sure and get a 2-hour rapid charger kit.
When it comes to the RDU4160d, Motorola trusts us to represent the product well. You can trust us for the best service and most helpful associates. Contact us today for more information on this radio and our other business radios and accessories.
- Compatible with XTN two-way radio frequencies and privacy codes and XTN accessories.
- Compatible with AX default settings.
- 3 audible call tones.
- Battery save saves power for multi-shift coverage convenience.
- 3 voice inversion scramble settings increase signal privacy.
- 2-pin captive cover accessory connector.
- Radio and accessory mic gain.
- Requires an FCC Business License.
- Removable antenna. A "stubby antenna" is available for all 4-Watt RDX series radios.
- Repeater ready. Who should use the RDU4160d 2-way radio? You! Your business! Your friends, their business... Loading docks: Communication via walkie-talkie is essential on a dock where goods flow on and off constantly. Coordinate loading, unloading, packing and shipping with ease, 4-Watts of power push your business transmissions far and wide. Assisted Living Facilities: A popular choice for older folks who seek varying degrees of independence, assisted living facilities have a huge responsibility to care for their residents. Grounds must be kept. Activities coordinated. Security maintained. Property managers of assisted living facilities have to do more than ever before. The 16 channel RDU 4160d is easy to use and packs enough power to transmit across large properties. A good walkie-talkie makes dispatching teams to attend to the needs of residents or the grounds as easy as one call. Sporting Events: Concessions, security, ticket sales and admission, it's all got to go smoothly come game time. To ensure everybody's happy, give your staff the power to make it happen when you hand them an RDU4160d. With a battery that can power a 4-Watt radio for 18.5 hours, your staff's walkie-talkies will keep everything in motion from prep, to kick-off, through overtime and cleanup. Industrial Plants: Two-way radio range depends on signal strength, weather conditions and terrain. A 4-Watt powerhouse, the RDU4160d covers a 350,000 sq. ft plant and transmits upwards to 30 floors*. It's repeater capable, so you can configure your 2-way radio setup for plant wide coverage. Mega Churches: Some churches have grown past a few pews and a steeple. Today's mega churches count their flock in the tens of thousands, with full sound boards and sound techs, video production crews, sprawling grounds to landscape, large Sunday schools and a full calendar of activities. If you've got a large church campus to maintain, consider a full-service two-way radio with the power to transmit and receive across multiple buildings and large properties. Luxury Lofts: Large loft and condominium complexes promise a higher style of life to those who can afford an investment in these high-rise urban mansions. The RDU4160d lets you keep that promise with the same sophistication in which it is given. Property managers can talk to housekeeping up to 30 floors up and dispatch maintenance to handle anything that goes down across 350,000 square feet* (higher and farther with a repeater). The RDU4160d will help you take of the little things too... *Coverage will vary based on terrain, conditions and the radio model used. ** CPS is available as free download. Windows¨ XP, Windows 2000 compatible, separate USB cable required. Motorola RDU4160d User Guide
Can I get a better charger for the Motorola RDU4160d Two-Way UHF Radio?
It comes with a great charger, but you can upgrade if you want to charge multiple radios at the same time. Check out the six-unit multi-charger if that's the route you want to take. You can also choose a 2-hour rapid charger kit if you're in a rush to power up.
Who should use this radio?
The Motorola RDU4160d Two-Way UHF Radio is best suited for any business that puts a premium on strong, effective communication between staff members. It's very popular in:
- Assisted living facilities
- Loading dock workers
- Healthcare professionals in large hospitals
- Warehouse workers
- Sporting event managers, security pros and admission personnel
- Industrial plant workers
- Mega churches
- Property managers
- Workers in the hospitality industry
To view Motorola Walkie Talkie default frequencies, check out this page.