To really optimize your chosen walkie talkie set, you'll need more than just the receives themselves. Whether you're using them for personal, recreational use or to keep things safe and productive while on the job, there are a number of accessories that you can use to ramp up your walkie talkie's performance. Here are just a few of the best radio accessories.
- A Headset. While a walkie talkie is already a very convenient tool for long distance communication, it's not exactly a hands-free device. If you're doing a job that requires both hands as well as communication with your co-workers, you'll want to invest in a headset that goes with your radio.
- An earpiece. For even more discreet, hands-free communication, hook your walkie talkie to your belt and use an earpiece to talk to your coworkers. Most of these accessories have push-to-talk features that make it easy to speak when you want to and turn them off when you don't.
- A belt holster Whether you're using a separate headset or not, a belt holster is essential for keeping your radio on hand at all times. These swivel holsters make it easy to remove the radio without interrupting your duties.
- A multi-unit charger If your entire family or team of employees uses walkie talkies, you'll want to purchase a multi-unit charger that charges multiple radios at once. It's a huge time saver, not to mention a space saver when you're charging your radios on the counter!
- A high capacity lithium-ion battery If you're tired of your walkie talkie dying in the middle of the day, upgrade the standard battery to a high capacity battery that holds a charge for much longer. When fully charged, this type of battery lasts for 9 to 12 hours.