- Band: VHF
- Channels: 8
- Power: 2 watts
- Weight: 8.9 ounces (with standard Li-ion battery) or 9 ounces (with high-capacity Li-ion battery)
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.6 inches
- Outdoor range*: Reliable communications for 1-2 miles
- Indoor range*: Up to 13 floors
- 5 set VHF frequencies
- Auto-scan technology
- VOX with three sensitivity levels
- MIL-SPEC and IP-55 compliance
- NOAA weather radio with alerts
- Channel announcement with Voice Alias
- One Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio
- Lithium-ion battery
- Stand-up charging tray
- Wall charger
- Belt clip
- Hands-free VOX with three sensitivity levels
- 27 business-exclusive frequencies
- FCC Narrowband-ready
- Enhanced audio quality
- Auto-scan technology
- 39 analog and 84 digital interference eliminator codes
- Designed to meet or exceed IP-55 and MIL-SPEC standards
- 12 to 15-hour battery life
- 3 voice-inversion scramble settings
- Channel scan with selectable scan list
- 3 audible call tones
- 2-pin accessory plug that's compatible with RDX, XTN and CLS-series radios
- Tricolor LED with Transmit, Receive and Low Battery indicators
- Antimicrobial coating,"series=Motorola RM Radio"
Motorola RMV2080 Product Information
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a VHF radio. VHF radios are designed mainly for outdoor use. The VHF waves travel well over open land and water and do well in foliage conditions and near wooden buildings. However, VHF waves tend to be easily disrupted inside buildings, in city conditions, etc. Unless you are using your radios almost exclusively outdoors, you will want UHF or Digital radios.
The difference between UHF and VHF can be explained with frequency penetration. VHF waves travel about twice the distance of UHF waves on open ground, rolling hills or through foliage. However, VHF waves are very poor at penetrating walls, buildings and rugged terrain. So, if you are working exclusively outdoors with open land, rolling hills or heavy trees, VHF radios are the best. In any other situation, including indoor-to-outdoor use, UHF radios will be the choice.
Operating on 27 VHF business-exclusive frequencies and FCC Narrowband-ready, the Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio is an exceptional choice for on-site communication. Up to 2 watts of power allow you and your team to communicate when you're up to 220,000 square feet apart. It can even power through up to 13 floors in a steel or concrete-reinforced high-rise building.
Innovative customer programming software, which works with any computer browser, lets you interchange profiles with RDX-series. That makes it easier than ever to add RM-series radios to your existing radio fleet, and it's a free Internet download. (A separate programming cable is required.)
Advanced features combine to make the Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio the smart choice for businesses operating indoors or out. Crisp, clear audio is standard with these two-way radios. They are each equipped with a powerful 1,500mW speaker that closes out distracting feedback, even in noisy surroundings. You can even customize your list of channels by selecting from 16 pre-recorded functions, which makes it simple for your team to stay in contact no matter what they're doing. For the ultimate in charging flexibility for your Motorola, consider a 6-radio multi-charger.
Motorola RMV2080 FEATURES:
- Up to 2 Watts Power
- 5 Set VHF Frequencies
- 8 Channels
- 39 Analog plus programmable and 84 Digital Interference Eliminator Codes
- 12 Hrs Battery Life (2W, 5/5/90, Battery Save Enabled)
- Designed to IP-55 and MIL-SPEC Specifications
- 3 Voice-Inversion Scramble Settings to Minimize Eavesdropping
- Channel Scan with Selectable Scan List
- 3 Audible Call Tones
- 2 Pin Accessory Plug (Compatible With RDX/XTN/CLS Series)
- VOX (Hands-Free Use With Accessories) With 3 Sensitivity Levels
- Tri-color LED with Transmit, Receive and Low Battery Indication
Empower your team with a faster way to communicate. The RMV2080 on-site two-way business radio helps you communicate instantly, without missing a beat. With crisp, clear audio throughout the workplace and exceptional durability, the RMV2080 won't quit in high noise, harsh conditions, and high use. The RMV2080 2 watt radio operates on 27 VHF business exclusive frequencies and is FCC Narrowband ready. Enhanced audio quality, a rugged design, and versatile HTML-based customer programming software, make this radio an exceptional choice for all of your on-site business needs.
Advanced features such as customized channel announcement keep your hands free, so you can focus on the task at hand. NOAA Weather Alerts automatically notify you of official weather warnings, watches and forecasts so you can prepare your workforce. Whether you're coordinating resources at the construction site or on the manufacturing line, the RMV2080 two-way radio is tested to last. Unleash the power of your RM series radio with accessories that are comfortable, durable and discreet to fit the way you work.
- Business-exclusive frequencies: Operates on 27 VHF business exclusive frequencies and features 219 PL/DPL codes, including 6 customizable codes to help ensure a clear signal.
- Enhanced audio quality: Powerful 1500 mW speaker ensures clear communication without distracting feedback in noisy conditions.
- Rugged design: Meets military specifications for sealing against dust, wind, shock, vibration and other adverse conditions. These radios also undergo Motorola's exclusive Accelerated Life Testing (ALT) that simulates up to 5 years of field use.
- NOAA Weather Radio with Alerts (NWR): Channel 8 is pre-assigned to receive official National Weather Service warnings, watches, forecasts and other hazard information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Weather Channel configuration can be customized based on geographic location.
- Channel Announcement with Voice Alias: Leave your radio on your belt and know exactly what channel you are communicating on. Customize your list of channels by selecting from 16 pre-recorded work functions, such as security, customer service, cashier, etc.
- Advanced Voice Activation (VOX): Enables hands-free operation with or without the use of optional accessories.
- Power and Coverage: 2-Watt VHF radio provides coverage up to 220,000 Sq. Ft./13 Floors, depending on conditions.
- Antimicrobial Coating: Helps prevent the growth of mold and germs on the surface of the radio.
- Customer Programming Software (CPS): HTML-based CPS is easy to use and works with any computer browser. Profiles interchange with the RDX series making it easier than ever to add RM Series radios to your existing radio fleet (CPS is available as free Internet download. Separate programming cable required.)
- Antimicrobial Coating Helps prevent the growth of mold and germs on the surface of the radio.
- Accessories: RM series radios ship standard with a carry holster with a swivel belt clip that lets you rotate the radio to fit comfortably. Re-use RDX series audio accessories for flexible and dependable performance.
- Simplified Cloning: Quickly copies settings from radio to radio (between RM series radios or between RM and RDX series radios). Cloning is done with radio-to-radio cloning cable or through the multi-unit charger.
- Tricolor LED interface: Allows users to identify radio features and status.
- Disable Channel: Allows users to disable and skip undesirable channels via the customer programming software (CPS)
- Advanced features via customer programming software (CPS).
Can I customize the list of channels available on each radio?
The Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio allows you to create a selectable scan list so you don't have to deal with channels that aren't relative to you.
Does the Motorola RMV2080 VHF 2-Watt, 8-Channel Radio come with any accessories?
This radio includes a stand-up charging tray, a top-end Li-ion battery, a wall charger and a belt holster clip that works on a swivel for user comfort.
Can the RMV2080 be specially programmed?
Yes. These radios can be easily self-programmed by making minor adjustments to the radio. This will allow for certain groups of people to be able to communicate on different channels. You may also adjust frequencies due to any local interference. To specially program the radios, you will want to order the <class="blue">Motorola HKLN4027 programming cable. This will work with the programming software that can be found here: <class="blue">Motorola RMV2080 programming software.