Family cruises are great vacations because they enable your whole crew to go to one or more destinations without worrying about travel accommodations, lodging, food, and other additional expenses. Everything is all-inclusive on a cruise, and the beautiful waterfront views make your travel time feel like vacation time as well.
If you're embarking on a cruise with your whole family, you may be wondering how the kids and adults can stay in communication with one another while on the incredibly large cruise ship. Because it's common for cell phones to lose signal in the open water, you may want to invest in a two-way radio system for your family to use. Here are just a few of the benefits of using a two-way radio on your next family cruise.
- Many people underestimate the size of a cruise ship - until they actually step on board. These ships are very, very large, and using a two-way radio makes it easy to keep track of all of your family members when they all rush off to do different activities on deck.
- Like we mentioned before, cell phones don't work aboard a cruise ship. Unless you want to have the crew page your missing family members, you'll want to invest in some long-distance two-way radios.
- Many types of two-way radios operate at a distance of 23 miles or higher, which means that they'll work on the ship even if one person is tanning on the top deck and another is bowling below deck.
- Two-way radios have dozens of channels to choose from, so you know that you'll always find a channel for your family to use.
- If you're worried about maintaining privacy from the other family aboard the ship, you can use a privacy code on your two-way radio. These types of codes are entered before communicating on your chosen channel, so even if another family is using that same channel, you can be sure that you won't hear their conversation - and vice versa!