Halloween is on the way, and it’s a time for everyone to get spooky and have some fun! With kids running around in various costumes and other ghoulish gear, it’s important to keep them safe. Two-way radios used strategically throughout the neighborhood can help ensure that everyone stays in contact. This way, you can trick or treat with peace of mind!
Two-Way Radios Halloween Safety Tips
- Small children should trick or treat in groups of two or more families—always with at least two adults. If you’re going around the neighborhood in several groups, it’s a good idea for a member of each group to have a two-way radio on hand. This helps keep everyone in the loop.
- The same can be said for groups of older children. They should be required to go in groups of five or more kids. Equip them with two-way radios so that you know what path they’re taking, and when they can be expected back.
- Carry an emergency whistle or pepper spray in case of a serious emergency.
- Bring along a flashlight so that you can see where you’re going if things get a little too dark.
- Keep an eye on the weather, too. Check in with the rest of your group via two-way radio if the weather turns bad. You can always bring everyone back to the house and have a last-minute Halloween party.
Two-way radios can help you stay safe and sound this Halloween.