- Band: UHF
- Channels: 4
- Power: 2 watts
- Weight: 8.6 ounces (with standard Li-ion battery) or 8.7 ounces (with high-capacity Li-ion battery)
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.6 inches
- Outdoor range*: Reliable communications for 1-2 miles
- Indoor range*: 20 floors
- Up to 2 watts of power
- 2 UHF frequencies
- 4 channels
- 39 analog plus programmable and 84 digital interference eliminator codes
- 12-hour battery life
- Designed to IP-55 and MIL-SPEC specifications
- One RMU2040 UHF 2-Watt, 4-Channel Radio
- Lithium-ion battery
- Stand-up charging tray
- Wall charger
- Belt clip
- VOX for hands-free use
- 3 voice-inversion scramble settings
- Channel scan with selectable scan list
- 3 audible call tones
- Tricolor LED interface
- Simplified cloning
- Customer programming software
- Antimicrobial coating,"series=Motorola Radius Radio"
Motorola RMU2040 Product Information
Get an all-around business walkie-talkie with the expert service to back it up by ordering Motorola RMU2040 radios from Tech Wholesale. These two-way UHF radios are as tough as they come for industries that need to stay in touch under extreme conditions. The Motorola RMU2040 has a range of 20 floors or 250,000 square feet even when you're in concrete or steel buildings. Furthermore, it's made of materials that meet MIL-STD 810 and IP-55 standards, making it a radio that thrives everywhere from large offices to tactical response missions.
Motorola has designed these on-site two-way radios for clear communication that fits your unique needs. It comes with four two-watt channels that use business-exclusive frequencies so no hobbyists can drop in on conversations. There are also 16 pre-recorded functions optimized for different industries such as customer service and security. Go hands-free with Advanced Voice Activation and Channel Announcement so you always know who you're talking to. With free HTML-based CPS software and a programming cable, you can add RM radios and set them up using advanced features.
Your business communications will be clear, reliable and secure when you have the RMU2040. It has 219 privacy codes to eliminate interference/crosstalk and a robust 1500-mW speaker that is designed to minimize feedback. There's even an anti-microbial coating to reduce germs and bacteria. With our Motorola RMU2040 accessories, you can really take voice transmission to the next level. Upgrade to a rapid charger kit for quickly replenishing the battery, get a multi-charger unit if you're ordering multiple radios or add a hard leather RM radio carry case for even more on-the-job protection.
At Tech Wholesale, we have the lowest prices on Motorola radios while giving you the information you need to make the right choice. Just scroll down this page or visit the RMU2040 User Guide to get an in-depth look at this two-way UHF business radio. Every order that includes at least one radio ships free, and if you're looking for multiple radios, we'll provide a custom quote upon request.
No matter what type of business you are operating, the Motorola RMU2040 UHF 2-Watt, 4-Channel Radio is an excellent choice. Durable, rugged and versatile, this two-way radio features sturdy construction that makes it ideal for construction sites, accident scenes and office buildings. Because it is so powerful, delivering coverage over up to 250,000 square feet or 20 floors in a steel or concrete-reinforced building, your team never has to worry about their communications being lost between Point A and Point B.
The Motorola RMU2040 UHF 2-Watt, 4-Channel Radio operates on 99 business-exclusive UHF frequencies and features 219 PL/DPL codes, including six customizable codes that help ensure a clear signal. With a powerful 1,500mW speaker to ensure feedback-free, clear communication and advanced voice activation technology built in, this radio can help your teem perform effectively and efficiently.
This radio comes with easy-to-use customer programming software so you can add RM-series radios to your existing radio fleet quickly. Its simplified cloning features let you copy settings between radios with very little effort, and you can even clone between RM and RDX-series radios. Rugged and built for tough environments, the Motorola RMU2040 UHF 2-Watt, 4-Channel Radio meets MIL-STD 810 and IP-55 standards.
Empower your team with a faster way to communicate. The Motorola RMU2040 on-site two-way business radio helps you communicate instantly, without missing a beat. With crisp, clear audio throughout the workplace and exceptional durability, the RMU2040 won't quit in high noise, harsh conditions, and high use. The RMU2040 2-watt radio operates on 99 UHF business exclusive frequencies and is FCC Narrowband ready. Enhanced audio quality, a rugged design and versatile HTML-based customer programming software make this radio an exceptional choice for all of your business needs.
Advanced features such as customized channel announcement keep your hands free, so you can focus on the task at hand. Whether you're coordinating resources at the construction site or on the manufacturing line, the RMU2040 two-way radio is tested to last. Unleash the power of your RM series radio with accessories that are comfortable, durable and discreet to fit the way you work.
- Business-exclusive frequencies: Operates on 99 UHF business exclusive frequencies and features 219 PL/DPL codes, including 6 customizable codes to help ensure a clear signal.
- Enhanced audio quality: Powerful 1500 mW speaker ensures clear communication without distracting feedback in noisy conditions.
- Rugged design: Meets military specifications for sealing against dust, wind, shock, vibration and other adverse conditions. These radios also undergo Motorola's exclusive Accelerated Life Testing (ALT) that simulates up to five years of field use.
- Channel Announcement: with Voice Alias Leave your radio on your belt and know exactly what channel you are communicating on.
- Customize your list of channels by selecting from 16 pre-recorded work functions, such as security, customer service, cashier, etc.
- Advanced Voice Activation (VOX) Enables hands-free operation with or without the use of optional accessories. Power and Coverage 2 Watt UHF radio provides coverage up to 250,000 Sq. Ft./20 Floors, depending on conditions.
- Antimicrobial Coating Helps prevent the growth of mold and germs on the surface of the radio
- Customer Programming Software (CPS) CPS software provides a modern graphical user interface, allowing access to advanced features. Adding RM Series radios to your existing radios fleet is easier than ever. (CPS is available as free Internet download. Separate programming cable required.)
- RM series radios ship standard with a carry holster with a swivel belt clip that lets you rotate the radio to fit comfortably. Re-use RDX series audio accessories for flexible and dependable performance.
- Simplified cloning: Quickly copies settings from radio to radio (between RM series radios or between RM and RDX series radios). Cloning is done with radio-to-radio cloning cable or through the multi-unit charger.
- Tricolor LED interface Allows users to identify radio features and status.
This radio was built for harsh conditions. It meets the stringent qualifications outlined in MIL-SPEC and IP-55 standards. It's even coated with an antimicrobial agent to help prevent the spread of germs between users.
What comes with this radio?
The Motorola RMU2040 UHF 2-Watt, 4-Channel Radio comes with a carrying holster on a swivel belt clip that's compatible with other RDX-series radios. It also includes a drop-in, stand-up charging tray, a wall charger, and a top-end lithium-ion battery.
Can the RMU2040 be specially programmed?
Yes. These radios can be easily self-programmed by making minor adjustments to the radio. This will allow for certain groups of people to be able to communicate on different channels. You may also adjust frequencies due to any local interference. To specially program the radios, you will want to order the Motorola HKLN4027 programming cable. This will work with the programming software that can be found here: Motorola RMU2040 programming software.